Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana is focused on integrated, holistic and comprehensive development of tribal communities. Its purpose is to create excellent social and civic infrastructure, and to create entrepreneurship in sustainable livelihood, employment and tribal areas, such as the income of each tribal family is in doubles. Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana started in 2007 with the allocation of 15,000 crore for the rapid development of tribal areas of the state.
The Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana VKY is also know as Chief Minister’s 10 Point-Program for Tribal Development launch under mission mode on February 27, 2007.
The ten focus areas of intervention under VKY during the XI Five Year Plan period were as follows.
- Qualitative and Sustainable Employment
- Quality & Higher Education
- Provision of Safe Drinking Water for All
- Universal Electrification
- All-weather Road Connectivity
- Urban Development
The Gujarat government set a number of schemes for the development of the tribal, like MoU with different organizations, special coaching classes are an ongoing activity for the tribal youth to do well in competitive examinations.
The state government planned to set up tribal university in Narmada district. order to provide higher education and research facilities to tribal students.
To provide higher education facilities for tribal students, the State Government start a Higher Secondary Science School and Colleges in every tribal taluka.
The State Government set up 86 Residential schools on the Navoday Vidhyalaya pattern in tribal areas of Gujarat To provide quality and higher education, More than 27000 students are availing the benefits of these residential school.
Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana Image
The State Government declare that all EMRS teachers salaries on a regular basis instead of fixes pay.
Guru Gobind University establishe in Panchmahal District to provide facilities to the colleges of Middle-Eastern Tribal District (Panchmahal, Dahod, Chotaudipur, Mahisagar, Vadodara).
Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana provide employment through various Agriculture projects and thus create sustainable income and employment opportunities to beneficiary tribal households.
VKY successful in improving the income and employment opportunities for beneficiary household.
The scheme of Doodh Sanjeevani Yojana start in 7 tribal districts in 2007-08 under the Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana.
Development Plans prepared for each town, comprising Water Supply, Sewerage, Roads, Storm Water Drain, Economic & Social Infrastructure.
The housing development initiative is undertaken in collaboration of Tribal Development Department, Rural Development Department and Panchayat Department.
The Water Supply Department is implementing Mini Water Supply Scheme in tribal districts.
Mini piped water supply projects cover in more than 1200 villages and more than 10,000 electric power based connections given to peoples.
Special focus is also given for repair and maintenance of existing roads in tribal areas.
For the success of the Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojna, the government will involve private sector and NGOs also.
Important Notification Link
- Constitution of the Committee on Measuring the Land Claims of Valid Claims under the Forest Rights Act-2006
- food facility to the government dry house
- Scheduled Tribe beneficiaries under the Forest Rights Act, 2006, to make the land fertile
- The matter of increasing the financial assistance rates against the Scheduled Tribes atrocities
- Guidelines for Participation of Commercial Entities in Implementation
- Setting up Development Support Agency of Gujarat (D-SAG).
- Unit Cost (unit cost) and the standard of assistance for tribal farmers in the tribal area
- Project Sunshine 2009 in Dahod, Panchmahal, Vadodara, Sabarkantha and Banaskantha districts
- new building construction permission for of Aadarsh Nivasi School (SAGBARA)