Ration Card Online – Karnataka
Ration Card in Karnataka | Application Form of ration card in Karnataka | Update Ration Card in Karnataka | Correction/ Change in Name, Address – The government of Karnataka has provided an online facility for the citizens of Karnataka. By the online facility in Karnataka, people can apply online for Ration Card related issues in the state including main cities i.e. Hubli and Dharwad, Mysore, Gulbarga, Mangalore, and Belgaum.
Ration Card in Karnataka Department Details-
Department Name– Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department
Address– Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department No 8, Marketing Federation Building, Cunningham Road, Bangalore – 560 052
Toll-Free No.- 1800-425-9339
Official Website URL– http://ahara.kar.nic.in/
Categories Ration Card in Karnataka-
1. Below Poverty Line-
The annual income of the family is less than 12000/- in rural areas and Rs. 17000/- in urban areas considered into BPL families.
2. Above Poverty Line-
People having an annual income above Rs. 12000 (Rural Area) and Rs. 17000 (Urban Area) counted under the Above Poverty Line.
3. Antyodaya Annna Yojana-
Very Poor Persons of the families Below Poverty Line covered under Antyodaya Anna Yojana. It includes Windows, Persons with disability/ Weakness/Mental Illness and persons aged more than 65 years without any financial and social security, Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled tribes, Agricultural Laborers, and all primitive tribal groups.
Essential Documents to Apply Ration Card in Karnataka-
- Telephone Bill
- LPG Receipt
- Driving License
- Received Post
- Identity Card issued by the Government/ Public Enterprise
- Tax Paid receipt of own house
- Name in the Voters List
- Rent Agreement
- Any other record can be considered as residence proof.
- Deletion certificate, Marriage Certificate, Birth certificate, Death Certificate, Surrender Certificate should be attached if necessary.
Application Procedure for Ration Card in karnataka-
- Application Form for computerized Ration Card can be obtained from the concerned offices by payment of a prescribed fee.
- After filling up of form, along with documents should be submitted to the concerned authorities- (a) In rural areas- Tehsildar of the respective Taluka
- Citizens of Bangalore to the Deputy Director of Division, Department of Food and Civil Supplies
- Informal areas of the District jurisdiction, applications may be submitted to the Deputy/ Assistant director concerned, Department of Food and Civil Supplies, or Tehsildar concerned.
You may also like: Ration Cards Benefits in India
Check Status of Ration Card in Karnataka-
Ration Card Application status of the Ration Card can be tracked online on the web portal of the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department or can visit this link and status will be available city-wise http://ahara.kar.nic.in/lpg/ and in Bangalore through http://ahara.kar.nic.in/status1/.
How to Check Application Status –
- Visit the above-given link for Ration Card Application Status.
- Firstly Select your respective Area
- Enter the Acknowledgement Number, date, and Mobile Number.
- Click on the ‘Go’ Option.
Verification Status of Ration Card can be tracked through the same portal.
Search list of Ration Card in Karnataka
If you want to Search ration card then Visit the department’s website. Select the District Name and Enter the Old RC Number and Name which is the basis to search.