AYUSHMAN BHARAT YOJANA
Ayushman Bharat (Translation: Long Live India) Yojana, launched in budget 2018-2019. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that “the government is sincere about the impoverishment of poor and vulnerable families” while announcing the National Health Protection Scheme. The scheme will cover around 10 crores or more people. World’s largest government funded healthcare program Ayushman Yojana will cover up to 5 lakhs per year per family for secondary or tertiary care hospitalization. The benefits will be available in any empanelled Government and Private hospitals through cashless transactions. That means people will be able to take good medical services without any financial hesitation and longer processes.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana – Vision and Implementation
Ayushman Bharat Yojana basically comprises two schemes viz. HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTRES and NATIONAL HEALTH PROTECTION SCHEME. National Health Protection Scheme will cover around 5 lakhs of medical expenses a year in every family. The government will establish health and wellness centres. These centres will provide complete health care including maternal health services, child health services, free drugs and diagnostic services etc. This scheme Ayushman Bharat Yojana also publicly known as MODI care scheme will be advantageous for around 10 crores poor people i.e. almost more than 35% of the country’s population.
Total Expense and other Facilities:
- The total expense of this scheme will use the amount recovered from the people of the country as Education and Health Cess, that is approximated as 10000+ crores. Government will provide about 1200 crores for implementation of this scheme to establish 1.5 Lakh healthcare centres. Cashless service will bring transparent system in the era of loot in the private hospitals. So, people will be able to gain best medical facilities wherever they want.
- The government will provide cashless services up to 5 lakh rupees so that there is no chance for any corruption or any illegal activity in the scheme. Direct fund transfer facility to the hospital and not the individual to avoid corruption. For further implementation, the government will establish 24 new medical college in the country for smoother operation of the scheme.Various aspects based on the financial income and living conditions etc in village will decide beneficiaries. Whereas in cities, there lies 11 types of financially poor or economically backward classes who are eligible for the scheme.
Official Press Release/Website related information
- On 14th April, P.M. Narendra Modi will inaugurate this scheme in Jangla area in Bijapur District, Chhattisgarh. This area is affected with Naxal Activities.
- As we have covered almost every information for the scheme. Still, if anyone wants to read the official notification they can visit the link below for further information. http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=176049
- The government will launch the scheme registration facility via official website as a part of Digital India campaign, because online process will be easy and transparent for beneficiaries.
- The government is working on launching the website on or before August 2018.
- The functioning of the scheme will emphasize not only Government Hospitals but also listed Private and Granted Hospitals around every corner of the country.
More Details : Click here